The SAP TM Driver app automates the driver check-in process without requiring assistance from a shipping clerk. The app saves a driver time and effort by providing them with a quick and simple way to get all the information they need about their delivery, and then communicate important details to the facility without needing to get out of their truck.
Fortune 500 Manufacturers and Distribution companies have scores of trucks moving their goods across the country. At many facilities, these trucks just show up in a rough window of time without much warning. The driver has to:
- Get out of the truck
- Wait in line
- Have a nice chat with the shipping clerk
- Fill out a bunch of paperwork
- Wait for the clerk to fill in this data in dozens of SAP screens
- Answer the clerk’s questions
- Get directions on which bay to load/drop off
- FINALLY, move on to his or her next stop
It’s a scenario ripe for digital transformation!
With Mindset SAP TM Driver, your organization can go from this:
How It Works
The truck driver will get a new native iOS Swift app that will let them easily see their deliveries, map out their route, notify the plants about their arrival, and check-in (with geo-fencing to make it 100% accurate)! In the next phase, we plan to go even further and begin preparing the loading docks and drive some incredible efficiencies.
shipping clerk. The app saves a driver time and effort by providing them with a quick and simple
way to get all the information they need about their delivery, and then communicate details important to the facility without needing to get out of their truck.
- Notifies drivers when they have a load to collect and provides them with a list of their freight orders.
- Lets drivers view freight orders and request a scheduled delivery time.
- Allows drivers to search order numbers and view details.
- Rejects a full or partial shipment
- Lets drivers view a list of requirements needed to collect a load.
- Allows drivers to access facility details, including amenities available and expected loading times.
- Lets drivers view planned ETA and real-time information about a delivery appointment window.
- Links to the Maps app to provide directions to a facility.
- Provides access to documents given to drivers about freight orders such as the bill of lading documents, seal numbers, and other required documentation.
- Provides geo-fence detection on arrival, so the driver sees an onsite map directing them to the correct area to complete load requirements such as weighing, trailer number, and VIN.
- Updates the order with truck weight and allows the driver to check-in through the app
- Notifies the warehouse team to stage and load the driver’s truck; once completed, the driver receives a notification that loading is complete.
- Alerts subsequent facilities of the driver’s delivery status.
Target Solution Area:
- Transportation Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Oil and Gas
- Consumer Goods
- North America
Download the Spec Sheet