I’m an airplane nerd. Not quite to the level of some, but I definitely crane my neck to look at what’s overhead. Put it this way: it’s safer to let someone else drive you past the airport. My disappointment at missing the largest airplane in the world is significant.
Anyone geeking out about flight will be familiar with the famous Lockheed Skunk Works. Famous, incredibly innovative aircraft first saw light from this crew. The U-2 flew high, SR-71 fast, and F-117 in radar silence. All in ways never done before. Skunk Works’ distinguishing features? Autonomy, lack of bureaucracy, and delivering innovative stuff.
Scoffing at modesty, we like to think of ourselves as a kind of Skunk Works. Except instead of aircraft, we work in software. Instead of aerospace engineers, we work with developers, designers, and analysts. Instead of military and reconnaissance, we work in the enterprise. And instead of California, we headquarter out of Minnesota.
So instead of Skunk Works, think “Gopher Works”. And we think you’d love to work with the Gopher Works crew on creating your next enterprise solution. Check out some of the interesting things we’ve done:
- An application that links BEx with Fiori. Take any BEx query and put it into the user-friendly Fiori experience – and do it either on-prem or in the cloud with HANA Cloud Platform.
- We bring Google power to SAP. In a lot of ways, actually.
- CloudSimple for Data puts data maintenance in the cloud for simple, accessible productivity.
- Google Controls for Fiori lets you take the productivity suite of Google for Work and plug it into your enterprise investment in Fiori.
- Wearable Issue Reporting. Strap on a smartwatch and get some physical work done.
- CloudSimple for Analysis gets your SAP BW data into your cloud spreadsheet, STAT.
- We built an app that linked Twitter to Fiori through HANA Cloud Platform and ran a contest on it. In a matter of days.
- Tons of other things I’d love to tell you about, but are confidential with our customers. Let’s just say they’re really awesome solutions that would blow your mind.