There are hundreds of Fiori apps, but none of these work for me! Plus, I don’t have HANA. -everyone
One of the most common complaints about Fiori and the list of apps is that they mostly apply to HANA, and it’s unclear which apps apply to a given customer: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/filters/LOB
Historically to find the out of the box apps that may work for a customer, we can filter this list a few ways and then just keep on working our way through.
Now though, there is a new way to automatically identify the apps that you can use, check pre-req’s, and sort them by importance! Here’s how:
- Go to this URL: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/
- You will find this new “Sign In” button on the top right corner. Click that. (Use your OSS ID to login)
You will begin your analysis report.
- Click Create new Analysis.
Note — for detailed steps or anything I missed, go here: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/docu/Relevance_and_Readiness_Document.pdf
- Get your usage profile. To do this have your basis guy go to T-Code ST03 in production ECC.
- Select Workload – Total for the last closed month.
- Choose Transaction Profile – Standard
- Export results list to Excel. (clean up if you want). And remove every column except the t-codes.
- Save as CSV file.
- Upload the new profile, and click button Step 3.
- Next upload your system profile(s). Do this once for Gateway and once for ECC (or any other backend).
- In SAPGUI, after logging in, at the menu at the top click on System->Status.
- Click on Details for Product Version.
- Click the tab Installed Software Component Versions.
- Right-click the table and select spreadsheet. Export as CSV.
- (Optional) For HANA-based systems, login to HANA Studio. Run the SQL Command:
select * from "_SYS_REPO" . "DELIVERY_UNITS"
where vendor = 'sap.com' ;
- On the data return screen, right-click and choose Export Results… and save as CSV.
- Now you should have all your profiles saved. Upload them and go to Step 4.
- Name your report and click next again.
- You can now see all the apps, how they apply to you, if you’re missing any components, and do all sorts of other cool things!