“Innovation” – the buzzword we hear very often these days. Innovation is a recurring process and continuous journey in any organization. In order to bring innovation to any process in the organization, the teams and individuals should have the innovative Mindset. It is just not about using the buzzword frequently but about how we can bring the change to our own organization or being part of the customers’ success.
One of the major challenges for any business is the rapid change in technology and following the new technology paradigm’s to sustain the competition. In this blog we will discuss how to prepare to bring innovation to any business process or business challenge through innovative technology.
We can do this through the following steps:
Identify the Process / Business Challenge: This is a key step. We need to consider various parameters while identifying the correct process. This step will be more helpful to identify the priority process when we have multiple business processes with challenges.
- How many users the current process is impacting
- How critical is the process for business in terms of revenue
- Current process costs (maintenance, license etc) Vs revenue generated. This analysis will help to improvise the process so we can decrease the costs through new solutions.
- Legacy technology risks. For example,If the technology becomes old or has no one to support it’s a big risk to maintain the process and impact will be huge if suddenly the system crashes as there will be no one to bring the system back.
- Possibility of merging the current process with another process or bringing a new solution as part of another business process.
Identify the technology: In this step we will identify, which technology best suits to develop the new solution. Some of the key parameters to be considered:
- Licensing (Hardware / Software) costs: the costs associated with licensing plays a major role in selecting the right technology. For example: we can leverage cloud technologies instead of bringing new H/W or S/W for the new solution.
- Easy liaison with existing technology: this is very important to check the feasibility in advance. For example: if we are using SAP ECC or S/4 HANA, it’s ideal to choose a solution available from SAP ecosystem for seamless integration.
- Reliability and support from the Software vendor. For example, there are many open source frameworks available for many solution implementations but there won’t be a dedicated team to support the software.
Get the right team: Identify the suitable team or partner team to manage the development. Developing new solutions using new technologies is a big challenge and making sure the internal / partner teams have the suitable skills. This is where Mindset plays a key role.
Implement the process: I do not focus more on this as this is a regular cycle, recommended to start with a design thinking session so all the key stakeholders including end users are involved in the process. Once the required outputs are captured and agreed after the design thinking sessions we can follow the Agile process as agile helps in incremental development.
At Mindset, we follow a unique process of training our resources so that as an organization we are always ready to solve complex business problems. Our Architects and Principles guide our teams to prepare for new technological changes and we have best of the industry developers who are ready to learn and open to new challenges.
Our thought leaders at Mindset have come up with a unique approach in developing accelerators for the key business process and some of our customers are already taking advantage of using our accelerators to solve key business challenges with the rapid developments.