SAP ABAP Lead
Mindset is an SAP Technology Partner headquartered out of the North Loop in Minneapolis. Mindset is leading the enterprise adoption of innovative new SAP technologies, and working with many leading SAP customer’s across North America.
We are partnering with a company in Minneapolis to implement S/4 and they are looking for a SAP ABAP Lead to join their team full time.
Expectations and Tasks:
- A Team Leader, SAP ABAP Programming, plans, assigns, and supervises the work of an assigned team engaged in performing ABAP programming, design, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of SAP modules; personally performs the more difficult system analysis and programming work of the team.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of an assigned team engaged in performing ABAP programming, design, testing, and debugging work for SAP modules to meet project needs, priorities, and deadlines.
- Reviews work products to ensure completeness, accuracy, functionality among modules and application systems, and adherence to established project plans and requirements.
- Confers with management and functional teams to ensure the proper integration of business processes and procedures with information technology and to identify innovative customer solutions.
- Advises management of the overall cost, efficiency considerations, operating advantages and disadvantages, and material and personnel resources associated with the conversion of a specific work function to using an SAP based solution.
- Formulates plans and specifications detailing workflow, manpower distribution, information sources, production runs, documentation systems, and management controls and reports for SAP modules.
- Consults with other SAP information technology staff to identify and resolve unique problems and to ensure the effective integration of solutions among SAP modules.
- Defines highly complex technical requirements for ongoing systems maintenance and future functionality to meet District requirements and improve system efficiency.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation and maintenance of comprehensive and thorough technical program documentation for assigned projects.
- Performs the more difficult system analysis, design, and programming work of the unit.
- Develops training programs for users on the use of forms and reports, authorization roles, custom workflows, and other related areas.
- Provides on-the-job training and technical assistance to assigned programming staff.
- Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with process owners, functional and technical team members, and users.
Skills and Competencies:
- SAP ABAP programming tools including Report and Transaction creation, Enhancements, Conversion Programs, SAPscript, SmartForms, Screen Painter BDC, LSMW, User Exits, Menu Exits, Function Exit, Screen Exit, ALV Reports, Dialog Programming, Data Dictionary, RFC, ABAP Query, ALE, BAPI, and BADI
- Application of OSS notes
- SAP ABAP programming for Web Dynpro
- SAP Modules such as FICO, MM, PP, SD
- SAP ASAP methodology
- Principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, and testing
- Concepts and techniques of project management including project control, planning, estimating, resource management, and quality assurance
- Principles of program documentation
- Principles of report, screen, and form design
- Principles and practices of business and public administration
- New trends in the field of information technology
- Principles of supervision, team building, and training
- Plan, assign, and supervise the work of an assigned team engaged in performing programming, design, testing, and debugging work for SAP modules
- Develop and code highly complex programs for SAP modules by applying advanced SAP ABAP programming including ABAP for Web Dynpro
- Develop test data and analyze highly complex problems in programs
- Recognize the critical elements of highly complex application problems, develop and evaluate data, determine innovative solutions, and make logical recommendations
- Express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Estimate staffing needs and maintain work schedules
- Meet project schedules and deadlines
- Write clear and logical reports, program documentation, and instructions
- Work effectively and independently on assigned projects
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with administrators, functional and technical team members, and users
- Train and evaluate the work of assigned staff
- Meet established priorities and schedules
- Learn and apply new concepts in information technology
- Learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology
"Mindset has been a great partner in our digital transformation journey."
We use the lab to bring ideas to life.
Being plugged into the local ecosystem is a true competitive advantage, so each Lab seeks out partners, universities, and startups to build relationships as a trusted peer and thought leader on topics of strategic importance to SAP.