The SAP Backend Developer will be a key part of a Mindset Solutions development team, working with other developers, project architects, and customer subject matter experts to create remarkable Fiori applications that exceed our customers’ expectations.
- A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exhibits a strong passion for innovative technologies
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- 8+ years of SAP ABAP development experience or similar experience on other languages
- Hands-on experience with the Fiori Application Programming Model for ABAP and/or the RESTful ABAP Programming Model (i.e. CDS-based development in ABAP)
- Experience with SAP’s Cloud Application Programming Model desired
- 4+ years hands-on experience on development and delivery of SAP Fiori app backend services (implementation of standard app services, extensions of standard app services, and/or development of custom services)
- Clear understanding of and experience creating oData services to be consumed by front-end Fiori components including:
- ABAP-based implementation in the service builder (SEGW)
- Services on top of views or CDS using mapping (SADL) in SEGW
- Modeling with CDS and using direct OData exposure or importing CDS in SEGW
- Sound knowledge of Web Services and REST
- Understanding of SAPUI5 library and MVC pattern
- Expertise in RESTful Web Services, and API integration is a plus
- Strong documentation and experience in UI design
- Experience with one or more popular version control systems
- Complete high quality development of SAP solutions, ensuring that solution aligns to industry best practices, customer design & development standards, and scalability and performance requirements.
- Actively engage and participate as a member of a committed Agile development team
- Work and communicate directly with customer representatives to understand customer issues, diagnose problems, design solutions and facilitate deployment.
- Assist with SAP Fiori app deployments as per customer requirements.
- Complete application unit testing in accordance with acceptance criteria
- Contribute to documentation (e.g. technical solution documents, user manual, SOP, test cases, etc.)
- Support production deployments.
- Address technical queries from stakeholders and customer subject matter experts.
- Participate in and contribute to internal Mindset project code reviews.
Mindset Consulting is a highly specialized SAP Technology Partner headquartered out of Minneapolis, MN. Mindset is leading the enterprise adoption of SAP’s innovative UX, and you can become part of this journey going forward. We are looking for a talented and motivated SAP Full Stack Fiori Developer with strong frontand back-end development skills. This role will require previous experience delivering large scale and highly visible SAP solutions for end clients.
Mindset projects are true agile projects in which we work collaboratively to deliver great value quickly. You’ll interact directly with business users and product owners in daily standups and bi-weekly sprint reviews. Working with Mindset means working with and sharing knowledge with our leading developers, architects, and designers, who are blazing the path to great UX for SAP systems.
Mindset’s Diversity & Inclusion Mindset:
At Mindset we are committed to diversity and inclusion not simply as a declaration of intent, but part of our journey of constant improvement. Mindset’s mission is to provide an inclusive environment where every individual can reach their full potential and make an impact.
Mindset’s Diversity & Inclusion Commitments:
Our goal is simple, to make everyone feel welcomed and valued. We believe that diversity of background, thought, experience, and perspective is essential to our top-tier workplace environment and makes us a powerful team that can deliver the highest value to the clients we serve.
Mindset does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
Mindset provides our employees with the resources they need to succeed. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide advancement opportunities on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance, and contributions to the performance of the team and company. Our employment practices are consistent with the requirements of all applicable state and federal laws as we strive to build a diverse and inclusive team. Welcome to Mindset.